Re: Architectural Engineering

Stephanie L Austad wrote:

> Like PT, the University of Wyoming has also had an ABET accredited
> Architectural Engineering curriculum for a number of years.

And it still does to my knowledge. I graduated from UW in 1985 with a
bachelors in Civil Engineering with Architectural Engineering Option. As
stated, transportation & water classes were substituted with
architectural design classes which the general civils did not take. The
structural and math curriculum was the same as for general civils. I
chose to pursue structural work rather than architectural but feel I
would have been equally able (or equally clueless) to begin my career in
either field.

Knowing what I know now about architects vs. structural engineers...I am
quite happy with the professional path I chose.

Mark D. Baker
Baker Engineering