Re: z factor for crack control

Granted, strain rates for GR40 are _lower_ than for GR60, but does that
mean that the investigation of crack control should be neglected? I think
not. A slab reinforced with #5s @ 18" will have larger crackes than a slab
with #4s @ 12". I believe service performance should never be ignored even
though USD and LRFD are in vogue.

Thanks for the reference to the "crack-u-lator". Although this helps in
measuring crack width, it is still an open debate about what is an
acceptable crack width before needing repair.

Regards,
Bill Allen