RE: Need opinion on soil condition

Plasticity index is defined as the difference between the Plastic Limit
and the Liquid Limit, and represents the range of water content over
which the soil is plastic.  14 could indicate a low-plasticity clay or a
high plasticity silt, depending on the value of the liquid limit, in the
Unified Soil Classification System.  You need more data to know whether
the soil is expansive or not.