Bolted Column Splices UBC Earthquake Zone 3 (High Risk)

I am looking for information on whether "BOLTED COLUMN SPLICES" are
allowed in high risk seismic (UBC ZONE 3) areas. AISC only states rules
for full and partial penetration splices but does not preclude bolted
splices.

If anyone has information on this topic, I would appreciate if it could
be E-mailed to me at kassamem(--nospam--at)aramco.com.sa

Eqbal M Kassam, P.E Texas