Re: Special concrete requirement in City of Los Angeles

At 09:46 AM 8/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I am working on a large project that requires using 5500 psi concrete.
> Does any one know of any special requirement for using 5500 psi concrete
>in the City of Los Angeles?
>
>Thanks for you help!
>
>Tat Leung, S.E.

Special Approval is required for concrete over 5k psi in the City of Los
Angeles, but I don't know what the criteria might be for that approval.
Call Tim McCormick at 213 580-1140.  He's with the Training Division of the
City.

R. Sandy Pringle, Chair		  STRUCTURAL INSPECTION CONSULTANTS Inc.
SEAOSC				        (800)598-1970         Fax (310)376-5294
Inspection Practices Committee	        Hermosa Beach & Redondo Beach, CA
sandyp(--nospam--at)sic-inc.com 		     	http://www.sic-inc.com

It's not a matter of where you stand but in what direction you're headed.