Expansive soils in TX

Here's one for the Texas folks on the list.  I'm trying to get out a
proposal for a small retail center in Midland.  I am also supposed to
issue drawings for permitting and financing early next week.  The
problem is, I won't have a soils report on the site by then, and I am
concerned about the possibility of expansive soils in the area.  Is
anyone familiar enough with the Midland / Odessa area to give me some
guidance as to whether this is a problem or not?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Vines, EIT