RE: Expansive soils in TX

Dan:

It has been quite some time since I have done a project in Midland.  As
I recall, the soils there are moderately expansive.  You might also
encounter caliche, which is very difficult to excavate.

WARNING:	If you carefully review the rules of the Texas PE Board, you
will find that:  (1) all drawings, including interim drawings, must be
PE sealed, and (2) any engineer who seals a set of plans without a soils
report in-hand is potentially subject to discipinary action.  Thus, you
might want to re-think the schedule if your proposal is accepted!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas (but don't tell saleseagle)

********
If you get gloomy, just take an hour off and sit and think how much
better this world is than hell.  Of course, it won't cheer you up much
if you expect to go there!                                        ...Don
Marquis
********