Re: CONC - Stripping of Deck Forms

I have run across this several times. In all cases the contract that the
contractor signed either directly stated or it was on the plans that the
forms would remain in place until a specified time had elapsed from the
pour. He signed the contract so he should have bid it knowing that the
formwork was going to be in place at least that long. If your contract
or plans had a provision that defined the duration of time during which
the formwork was to remain I would stand firm. If there duration was not
specified, I would base my decision on hard test data. Ya don' want it
fallin' down!

Just my 2 cents....

Ken Reed, PE
Redding, CA