Re: CONC - Stripping of Deck Forms

> The contractor wants to know if he can strip the forms after 7 days,
assuming the concrete has reached full design strength. <

How has it been confirmed that the concrete has achieved its full design
strength?  ACI 301-2.3.4 addresses removal of forms based on design strength.
Some engineers allow removal of forms even before full design strength has
been reached if the element is protected from live loads.  Some responders
have mentioned creep/ modulus of elasticity - but I believe modulus of
elasticity is proportional to strength; thus if it has developed full design
strength, shouldn't it also have developed its modulus of elasticity?  I don't
see it as a problem if strength development has been documented.