COMP: Help! I Need Bridge Design Software.

I'm looking for a good bridge program, preferably Windows based. The August
issue of Modern Steel Const has a "Hot Products Competition" that lists
various new products; they gave "merit awards" to two bridge design programs
(MDX and MERLIN), but when I read through the award criteria, AISC evidently
didn't actually evaluate the software, the awards appear to be based solely
on the vendor literature!!

This indicates to me that these AISC "merit" awards don't really mean
anything, other than a competition as to which vendor writes better marketing
literature. Anyone know anything about these programs?

Earl Conroy