Re: COMP: Help! I Need Bridge Design Software.

Earl Conroy wrote ....

<snip>
but when I read through the award criteria, AISC evidently
didn't actually evaluate the software, the awards appear to be based solely
on the vendor literature!!
<snip>

What do mean that they did not test the softwares ??   How else can a
meaningful evaluation be made ?
In my experience, some vendors literatures can be somewhat misleading in what
their programs will do.
Does anyone from the Modern Steel Construction magazine have any input on
this topic ?

Sib