Re: Roark & other formulas for stress and strain

If you want a 'quick & cheap' conservative calculation, convert all of
the forces from all of the flange bolts into a single concentrated load
at the center of the plate.

If you're going to make 10,000 of these and want to save every penny you
can, then about 4 hours on a PC with ANSYS or NASTRAN will get you darn
close (8 hours if you want to model gap elements between the flange and
plate, and pre-tension in the bolts).

Lew Midlam, PE
http://www.lcm.com