Re: Wood framed walls

> I just noticed something in the 94 UBC ( 97 UBC similar), which I
> never noticed before:

Table 23-I-K-1 for plywood shear walls, requires all panel edges to be
bolcked. See footnote 1.   However, in Table 23-I-I, number 4 refers to
an aspect ratio for vertical diaphragms of  2:1 when blocking is
ommited.Question: How can blocking be ommited in Table 23-I-I and be
required in Table 23-I-K-1,
footnote 1 ?
                     Thank you for your input.