Re: DRFT - Dedicated Drafters vs. Engineers Drafting Their Own

>We figured that
>this would be a good opportunity to evaluate our
>current setup and look into an alternate setup
>that someone in our office suggested.
Might be worht a try. I've been doing my own reports for years, including
sketching and all the grammar and spell checking. Saves me a lot of
proofing which I am no good at. You just want to make sure that the
engineers who start with their own drafting are really good enough to
make polished drawings in a timely manner. Lots of engineers really don't
know enough drafting to do it. I never wsa that good, despite 5 quarters
of drafting and descriptive geometry in school (I'm dating myself, I
know). I think the secret is in being to organize the work to make the
work succinct but definitive. Anyway, good luck.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw