Re: Diaphragms

>Theoretically, interior walls are not connected to the diaphrgm and
therefore would not contribute load into the diaprhragm.......

Interior walls may not be directly connected to the diaphragm, but they are
supported by the roof members; and, certainly their load should be
considered in designing the shear walls. I agree with the engineer that
considers the tributary weight of interior partitions into the lateral
analysis for diaphragm and shear walls.

John Manios, P.E.
USACE, LOS ANGELES
Original Text