Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4
- From: "Dave Evans" <DEVANS(--nospam--at)tnhanc.alaska.net>
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:54:21 -0900
- >received: from tnhanc.alaska.net by tnhanc.alaska.net (UUPC/extended 1.12p/sm2) with UUCP for seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org; Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:15:04 +0900
- Priority: normal
FEMA-222/223 Para. 4.5.3 requires piling to be designed to withstand maximum imposed curvatures resulting from seismic forces for *free-standing piles* in poor soils. The 1996 Blue Book has a similar requirement, phrased "flexure due to soil deformations." Is this coming to the International Building Code any time soon? Are you geotechs "tooled up" for this? Dave Evans, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Special concrete requirement in City of Los Angeles
- Next by Subject: Re: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4
- Previous by thread: Re: Steel Connections
- Next by thread: Re: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4