From: Harry Jones
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Steel Connections
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 1997 3:15PM

Has anyone used Grade 5 cap scews for connections rather than A307
bolts?
The tensile strength does not seem to be an issue but I can't find
anywhere
in the code that allows for this.  Is the intent of the code to allow
only
the use of A307, A325 and A490 bolts for structural connections?

           Harry
            725-7016