Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4
- From: Rick.Drake(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:21:00 -0400
Dave Evans wrote: <<FEMA-222/223 Para. 4.5.3 requires piling to be designed to withstand maximum imposed curvatures resulting from seismic forces for *free-standing piles* in poor soils. The 1996 Blue Book has a similar requirement, phrased "flexure due to soil deformations." Is this coming to the International Building Code any time soon? Are you geotechs "tooled up" for this?>> Yes. The similar and more detailed provisions are in the IBC May 1997 Working Draft, Section 1807.2.24.2, applicable to Seismic Design Categories D, E, and F. Rick Drake, SE Fluor Daniel, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4
- Next by Subject: ST - Minimum Connections
- Previous by thread: Special Pile Requirements in Zones 3 and 4
- Next by thread: Thanks