FEE Survey

Hi, I know that the standard structural fee is about 1% for a medium to
large job. I got a call from an owner who would like to add a 6,000 sq.
ft. office inside his distribution warehouse. The structure will be type
V 2-story under the existing warehouse enclosure.  Now, 1% of 6,000 x
$50 = $3,000.  There is no way I can do the design for that kind of fee.
As I can tell, most of you are from a small office. Consider this a fee
survey for a small size commercial job, I would like to find out what
would be considered a reasonable fee (design & construction observation)
for this type of job.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Tom Chiu, SE
Thomas Engineering