Re: CODE - Santa Monica Retrofit

Bruce-
Well if this is true, we might consider opening a branch office in Santa
Monica!!  :)

That would be a MAJOR reconstruction project, probably costing building
owners hundreds of millions of dollars.  I can't believe the City would
pass such legislation without major opposition from every building owner
in town.  Can you imagine the construction cost if the City or County of
LA passed such legislation?  It would be in the Billions of dollars.
Talk about full employment legislation for structural engineers!!!

Lynn