Re: FEE Survey

Thomas Chiu wrote:

> Hi, I know that the standard structural fee is about 1% for a medium
> large job.

> Tom Chiu, SE
> Thomas Engineering

Tom-
Well, I would dispute the 1% for medium to large jobs as being the
"accepted" structural fee.  On very large projects perhaps, but our fees
tend to range between 1% to 2%, and sometimes higher for small
complicated projects.
We do not set our fee based on a percentage of construction.  We
actually figured what effort would be required to complete a project and
base our fees on that.  We keep track of what our fee is based on
percentage of construction so we have a ballpark idea of where we are,
but we do not actually set our fee on that basis.

Lynn