Re: $$ CHARGES FOR B &S PLAN CHECK CORRECTIONS

I wouldn't say that I was offended, but like your self a bit frustrated, in
that my posts were not intended to be a bitch session or a tirate against
plancheck (well maybe a little).  Most of the plancheck personnel that I
deal with are professional and knowledgeable.  My comments were to justify
my position that this time should be billable because of it's
unpredictablity.  The majority of the plan checks that I get have very few
comments, but every now and then the plan check lottery deals me a plancheck
from hell.  If I have in my contract that I can bill these hours then I will
excercise this option on these jobs.  Then, while my time schedule gets
screwed up at least I get paid for it.  We have a very short building season
up here in tahoe and the time element is critical, which puts extra pressure
on us for a speedy permit process.  I do need to take a break from these
exciting conversations to get some work done (no, not plancheck corrections).

Randy Vogelgesang