Re: Bids

If this wasn't for real I would be laughing. We were contemplating
writing a change order to add a small retaining wall along our Right of
Way. It tapered up from 2 feet to 6 feet and back to 2 feet over a
length of about 60 feet or so. We asked the concrete sub to tell us what
it was going to cost so we could decide whether or not we could afford
to do it. The bid was as follows:

Description                                     Unit
Quantity        Bid Price
Structural Concrete Retaining Wall    LS               1          $$$$$$

Exclusions:

1) Concrete, Rebar, Rebar Placement, and PVC Conduit
2) All embedded items such as post pockets, miscellaneous metal, we will
install furnished items
3) Bond premiums
4) Traffic Control, Signs, Barricades, K-Rail, Crash Cushions
5) Excavation, Shoring, Dewatering, Backfill
6) Access to work area for conventional equipment and ready mix trucks

I haven't really figured out what they are going to do! Needless to say,
they won't be doing the wall

Ken Reed, PE
Redding, CA