Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Bids[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Bids
- From: Ken Reed <kendeb(--nospam--at)maxinet.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 20:59:05 -0700
If this wasn't for real I would be laughing. We were contemplating writing a change order to add a small retaining wall along our Right of Way. It tapered up from 2 feet to 6 feet and back to 2 feet over a length of about 60 feet or so. We asked the concrete sub to tell us what it was going to cost so we could decide whether or not we could afford to do it. The bid was as follows: Description Unit Quantity Bid Price Structural Concrete Retaining Wall LS 1 $$$$$$ Exclusions: 1) Concrete, Rebar, Rebar Placement, and PVC Conduit 2) All embedded items such as post pockets, miscellaneous metal, we will install furnished items 3) Bond premiums 4) Traffic Control, Signs, Barricades, K-Rail, Crash Cushions 5) Excavation, Shoring, Dewatering, Backfill 6) Access to work area for conventional equipment and ready mix trucks I haven't really figured out what they are going to do! Needless to say, they won't be doing the wall Ken Reed, PE Redding, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Basement Walls -Reply
- Next by Subject: Bolted Column Splices UBC Earthquake Zone 3 (High Risk)
- Previous by thread: Re: RetainPro
- Next by thread: Apology to Tony ... This morning: again 30+ copies of his mail...