dynamic analysis

I think I need some help from the structural community.
I am working on a dynamic analysis of an irregular structure and it is my
understanding that I have to use the Rw factor to reduce the base shear.
UBC 1994 Section 1629.2.4.3 refers to the use of this factor, applicable
only for soil profile type S4. Is it a different procedure for other soil
profile types, like S2 and S3?
Thanks in advance for your response

Julio Guerra