Re: Ethics 101

IMHO (O.K., not so H), you should immediately:
1. File a lien if your contract was directly with the owner
2. File a small courts claim if the amount you are owed is less than the
allowable limits of small claims ($5K, I think).
3. "Voluntarily" (w/o charge) provide additional site visits, measuring
nail spacing, nail head size, actual shear wall length vs. length shown on
the plans. In other words, become the contractor's worst nightmare.
4. No more Mr. Nice Guy.
5. Stop worrying and go on to the next project.

Regards,
Bill Allen