RE: Diaphragm reply

Code requires only minimum 10 psf dead load for partition in SEISMIC
actual case exceeds 10 psf then the real dead load should be used.  When
I designed high rise, I used 10 psf but for wood framed apartment
building, I usually used 12psf because of the full height party wall's
spacing being more often than office building.

Tom Chiu, SE
Thomas Engineering
Walnut, CA