Steel Conn in 1926 Bldg

I am working on a building designed in 1926.  I need to check the capacity of
some beams at the mezzanine level, but there are no shear connection details
in the plans, only a line in the structural steel section of the general
notes that reads: "All steel connections to be Bethlehem standards or
equivalent."  Rivets are shown as being good for 13000# in shear and 26000#
in bearing when done in the shop, and 12000# in shear and 24000# in bearing
when done in the field.  The particular beam I am looking at is noted as a
20" I 62.  Any information any of you might have on the way shear connections
were typically done at that time would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John Sullivan