Masonry: Epoxy-injection for shear repair?

I'm evaluating a 10-story masonry apartment building built in the early
70's where the walls sustained cracking from both the Loma Prieta
earthquake and differential settlement.  About 5 years ago, it was
"repaired" using epoxy injection.  I'm trying to track down which
product was used without much success.  Apparently the criterion was to
fix all cracks you could stick a credit card into and call the rest
"cosmetic".
My question:  Are these epoxy injection methods effective for restoring
shear capacity of masonry walls?
I've talked to some manufacturers who say it is great, stronger than the
surrounding masonry, etc. but who were not forthcoming with test data.
A colleague of mine suggests that for every crack, there are many more
micro-cracks just waiting to open up nearby.  And where there is a
visible crack, the steel may have yielded, reducing the capacity of the
wall if steel was used to resist shear.
Does anyone have any opinions/data on this method of repair?

Michael Livingston, SE
michael.livingston(--nospam--at)intres.com