Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
passive pressure for retaining wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: passive pressure for retaining wall
- From: Dave Anderson <dnae(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:49:44 -0700
Have any one consider soil pressur under retaining wall footing to calculate the passive pressure resistance for reataining walls as shown in example of REINFORCED MASONRY ENGINEERING HANDBOOK BY JAMES AMRHEIN FIFTH EDITION UPDATED page # 278 or forth edition page # 255 where he take the avrage soil pressre devided by soil weight and consider that hieght for passive resistance pressure. page 278 passive lateral soil resistance =200psf/ft avarege soil pressure= 1/2(231+97)=1214 psf equivalent soil depth = 1214/110 (soil weight)=11 ft lateral passive resistance at end Pp=200x11=2200 psf so he started the passive by 2200 psf not 200 psf as soil report that way you will find out you need a very short key instead of long one this survey if any one has opinion let me know it is very important you find out you can save a lot in construction for keys Dave Anderson P.E.
- Prev by Subject: PAGANI GEOTECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
- Next by Subject: Re: passive pressure for retaining wall
- Previous by thread: Re: $FEES, Capitalism, etc.
- Next by thread: Re: passive pressure for retaining wall