RE: Steel Conn in 1926 Bldg

0>Don't know if this will help, but it appears to be close.  I have a
>Carnegie Steel "Pocket Companion" from 1923 and a 1921 book by Milo
>Ketchum entitled "Steel Mill Buildings".  Both have a table of beam
>connections with identical information.

>From AISC, 1st Edition, April 1930
the properties of the 20" I 62 are as follows:
A = 18.25 in2
d= 20.06"
bf = 8.015"
tf = .834" to 0.515"
tw = 0.39"
I = 1239.8
S = 123.61
r = 8.24

V = 93.9 kips - maximum web shear per manual
M = 2225000 in-lbs - per manual

Besides the shear angles connected the web option, a bearing angle below
the flange and one above the flange was also used.

Neil Moore, S.E.