RE: Stripping of Deck Forms

I would be careful not to completely strip the form also, even in
reshoring(i.e. post-shore after 14 days), at least half of the original
shoring should remain in place. Back in 1989, I was investigating a
2-story concrete waffle slab building built in the 70', which had about
3 to 4-inch deflection at mid span. Core compression test indicated that
the design strength had been attained, of couse after some 20 years.

However, one of the reason was that according to one of the old timer
engineer working there, he recalled that the contractor had stripped the
form too early. So if you don't want to hear from the owner's attorney
10 years from now, don't strip the form too early even your design
strength has been attained.  Creep deflection is still one of the common
concrete problems and early removal of form is the prime cause.

Tom Chiu, SE
Thomas Engineering
Walnut, CA