Re: DRFT - Dedicated Drafters vs. Engineers Drafting Their Own Stuff

I have to agree with this philosophy.  Especially with the customization
tools available for AutoCAD (libraries of beam sections, fasteners,
etc.), it is easier and faster to produce good, easy to visualize (hence
easy to construct) details on computer to exact scale than it is to try
and do it by hand.  I used to work for an engineer who would try doing
something by hand, keeping track of beam flange widths, distance to
centerline, etc. on the scratch paper.  I could do the same detail much
more quickly, and be positive that it worked out dimensionally in a few
seconds on a CAD station.

Dan