RE: [Fwd: passive pressure for retaining wall]

Using the soil pressure underneath  the footing devided by soil unit wt
to get the equivalent height. Using this equivalent height as an
effective ht. for the
capacity of passive soil resistance calculation.  I don't think the
concept is
logic.    In order to have the passive soil resistance occur,  the
retaining wall  has to
move forward against the soil, then there will be a passive pressure.

If we think there will be a friction resistance from the soil pressure
under the footing,
it will more reasonable.

Kenneth  Liu