MASN - CUTTING OPENING IN EXISTING CMU WALL

I have an existing 10" CMU wall I would like to cut an opening in.  The wall
is not grouted.  It supports floor framing about 2'-8" above the opening,
plus additional wall height.  I would like to cut a double door into the
wall.  Since the opening is so large relative to the distance of the floor
load above, the floor load  must be support on the lintel (within the 45
degree triangle).  I would like to cut the opening into the wall on one face
at a time.  I have checked precast concrete lintels but the shear is just too
much.

Does anybody have a good procedure for cutting openings into existing walls
supporting loads greater than the triangle arch above?  Any 2 piece steel
detail that would not leave exposed steel?

Thanks for your help and input.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org