Re: MASN - CUTTING OPENING IN EXISTING CMU WALL

With non grouted CMU wall supporting loads from above, I would not like
to cut the wall as you have suggested.  I would rather support the floor
above by temporary supports, close to the location for your new door.
After erecting the temporary supports, I would make a through cut in the
wall to accommodate a wide flange beam (probably w4x13 or w6x15) and
groute the beam in place before the temporary supports can be removed to
complete the remaining door installation process.

Rajendran