Re: Adobe Research

Mel -

Our firm did a small retrofit last year on a two-story adobe building here in
LA.  The retrofit was voluntary and for life safety only so we had some
leeway in the design.  This was the first adobe I had dealt with so I
consulted with Mel Green (310-792-9252), who has significantly more adobe
experience.  Mel was very knowledgable in regards to both the material and
ways to retrofit it effectively, and he was also very helpful with us on our
project.  I would be happy to talk to you directly about this if you would
like, or you could try to contact Mel yourself.

Good luck, as you can imagine adobe and high seismic zones are not a good
mix.

Bruce Resnick