Re: COMP - AISC Autocad Files

From: Bill Allen, S.E. <BAllenSE(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Friday, September 05, 1997 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: COMP - AISC Autocad Files

>Not on my system. I have Win95B that was installed w/o a "DOS" layer. Much
>faster that way especially since I don't know what "DOS" is.
>
>Regards,
>Bill Allen

Beg to differ with you Bill, but Windows 95 (any version) is simply Windows
and DOS 8.0. The difference is that the operating system automatically
launches Windows95 upon startup. You do have the option of starting in
MS-DOS mode by hitting the F8 key when you see the CMOS information as you
boot-up. Then choose to strart in MS-DOS mode.
If you want to use the old DOS tools, you need to copy them form the 95 disk
in the directory OLDDOS.

The major change is that virtually anything you can do in DOS is integrated
into Windows and you no longer need your Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files.
If you choose to operate in DOS mode, you must have an Autoexec.bat and
Config.sys file - same as you used to.

Dennis