Re: COMP - AISC Autocad Files

I guess at this point, it really doesn't matter what is beneath my GUI. I
guess just about all OS have some sort of UI (some G some not) that
interfaces the user with assembly language. The point is that I don't deal
with a C:>, eight character file names, or any DOS commands whatsoever. I
can run just about as many apps concurrently as I want. If I want to delete
a file, I do not type DELETE C:\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY\...\filename.ext.
This is true for any other file management commands. I can copy and paste
from one document to another. None of this can be done in DOS. If DOS is in
there, it is buried so deep that I can't see it anymore (unlike Win3.1).
Win95 does have a DOS shell and gives a DOS window. I used to use this a
lot when I first went to windows because I was more familiar with the DOS
commands. I don't use it anymore.

So, from a user's point of view, DOS is dead although the spirit may
linger.

Regards,
Bill Allen

> >Not on my system. I have Win95B that was installed w/o a "DOS" layer.
Much
> >faster that way especially since I don't know what "DOS" is.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Bill Allen
> >

> Beg to differ with you Bill, but Windows 95 (any version) is simply
Windows