Re: Contractors Reputation

Dennis ---

This kind of clientelle you don't need.  Let someone else provide his SE
services.  I would go after the Contractor in small claims court. (I once
successfully sued an attorney in small claims for my fee.)   If the
designer doesn't like that, you don't need him either.  I concluded long
ago that such types will never change, and you may well find that they
leave a long legacy of abused professionals.  These are often the same
types who will primise you "more work" if you will just do this one job
at a reduced fee.  The additional work will come, but only at the reduced
fees.  Raise your price, and they will go shopping again. Personnaly, I
found that raising my fees not only got rid of the low bid contractors,
but ultimately brought me precisely the kind of work I wanted - at a
higher income.

You are entirely in the right, and you know that any number of respected
SE's would testify to that if need be.  My advice:  Be aggressive about
collecting your fees, and  pursue only that business which is profitable.

Russ Nester
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com
On Sat, 6 Sep 1997 18:08:02 -0700 "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
writes:
>I need to vent some steam and I can't think of a better place than
>with my
>peers.
<snip>
<snip>