Re: COMP - AISC Autocad Files

Maybe mine is different (I believe it is if you are referring to Win95A or
before). First of all, F8 doesn't do anything for me. Next, my Win95 CD
does not have a directory called "OLDDOS". I can open a MS DOS window and I
can reboot in MS DOS mode. But, I believe in my case, windows is
"emulating" DOS. In either of these two cases when I type "ver" the
response I get is "Windows 95. [Version 4.00.1111]. There is nothing on my
system that I have found that will tell me anything about a DOS 8.0. If
there is any other place that you suggest I check, please let me know. I do
know that my version of Win95 is not commercially available and it was
intended to be shipped with new machines. However, a colleague of mine who
recently (after Win95B was available) bought a computer with Win95 loaded
only has Win95A (Win95 w/service release 2).

Thanks,
Bill Allen

> From: Dennis S. Wish PE <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Re: COMP - AISC Autocad Files
> Date: Friday, September 05, 1997 5:24 PM

> Beg to differ with you Bill, but Windows 95 (any version) is simply
Windows