Re: Contractor's Reputation

Two things of note:

	1)	If the beam is in fact a defective beam, get in touch
with the Western Wood 		Products  Association (or
appropriate grading agency).  I'm told that a grade
			stamp is as good as a guarantee by the grading
agency.

	2)	I once worked for a "reputable contractor" whose method
of operation was to 		evaluate the drawings for
discrepancies, ambiguities, deletions, etc. and then
		based their bid on the likelihood they would be able to
get some extra 	money out 		of the owner because of
the "incomplete plans".

Peter K. Bruck
Building Inspector