Re: Contractors Reputation

Dennis

In California,  public works jobs,  the government is legally bound to
certify these are perfect plans and specs with no E&O,  which is just not
attainable.  Consequently,  on public jobs,  the gov't will typically pay.
 This is unfortunately legislated into the law,  probably by the contractors
lobby.  In private works,  esp. on a $1.5 million custom home,  the designer
is bound to provide the "standard of care" typical of the area,  which allows
some E&O in the design as acceptable.  So,  my answer lends more toward my
experience in public sector work.

I agree with Lynn though,   you win more points with honey.  I wish you well
and hope you recover fee,  or at least get acknowledgement it was not all
your burden.

Ron Fong
Fremont,  CA

<<  I can't argure that the reference was missing. I can only argue that I
acted
 promptly and responsibly to rectify the problem and did not charge the owner
 for the hours and details that I provided to correct the mistake. On a home
 valued at 1.5 million, the cost of remedial work valued at $1,500.00 for a
 Must Have item is insignificant to the owner >>