Re: Load : Snow Load on Multiple Roof

wira.tjong(--nospam--at)adpmarshall.com wrote:

>      I am designing a multiple curved sawtooth
> roof. I would like to ask
>      anybody who has experience in interpreting
> the code requirement for
>      snow loading on this type of roof. The
> question is:
>
>      Do we have to combine the loading due to
> unbalanced load for sawtooth
>      roof and the loading due to drift surcharge
> on the lower roof?

Your condition is not exaclty clear to me.  Do you
have two different levels of sawtooth roof.  Or
are you talking about the upper and lower portions
of one layer of sawtooth roof?

IMHO:  You probably will have to combine both if
you go two level.

Stan Johnson
BS, EIT,  I'm no expert on snow loading provisions
(though I have shoveled lots of driveways), but I
didn't want you to be left completely out in the
cold.  :)