Re: WOOD - Engineered Lumber vs. Sawn Lumber

Depths, I'm not sure of, but the widths of LVL's (1-3/4" (doubled),
3-1/2", 5-1/4", etc.) are produced so that they can be used in header
situations without a plywood spacer as would be required with sawn
lumber.  This is my understanding, anyway.

Dan Vines, EIT