Re: Re: WOOD - Engineered Lumber vs. Sawn Lumber

seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes:
The only question I have about engineered wood products (laminated veneer
lumber, parallel strand lumber, etc.) is whether it performs well (1)
over a long period of time, and (2) in adverse moisture conditions.

I can't speak for life cycle of the product.  I do know that Microlam should
not be used in any condition exposed to moisture.  Paralam is available as
CCA treated, making it ideal for wood decks.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org