Re: COMP - Goodbye DOS

Stan
Thanks for the thoughts.  The crashes I get usually involve WIN95 burping up when
running WIN95 beta software and the like.  I have all the DOS apps on the WIN95
machine, too, exactly  as you described.  But it's very comforting to have a fall
back.  And with my setup I can plot, print, and fax or whatever simultaneously
without fear or any loss of processor power.  And I actually do this often towards
the end of a job as I rush it out the door.  It  just seems each OS has required a
new PC to make the best use and I'm too cheap to cast off the old hardware.

NT has sounded good for a long time.  Just don't want to upgrade what I have or
invest in yet another PC.  At least not until the end of my typical 3-year cycle
(4 in twelve years and I just recently cast off my old 8086).

Mark Codispoti