Re: WOOD - Engineered Lumber vs. Sawn Lumber

I'm not sure how to explain this. If you camber the beam for 1.0*DL
deflection then, theoretically, when the dead loads are applied the beam
will be level. If you camber the beam for 1.5*DL deflection, after the dead
loads are applied the beam will still have a negative deflection (camber)
or "crown" equal to 0.5*DL deflection. Right?

Regards,
Bill Allen