Re: WOOD - Engineered Lumber vs. Sawn Lumber

Wood creeps --- the reason for the 1.5 (min.) camber requirements.
After long term deflection, the floor/roof should (theoretically) be
level/straight under dead load.  When calculating TL deflection of
wood members I use 1.5DL + LL as my loading, although in this dry
climate, 2.0DL would not be excessive.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona