Subject: Re: Wood Decay
Author:  norm(--nospam--at)bayengineers.com at Internet
Date:    9/12/97 5:35 AM

Phil Boultinghouse wrote:

> Is there any way to stop the progress of wood decay?
> Fungi requires air water and food to grow.  Would removing the water
> supply stop the spread of decay or would it just inhibit the spread
> of decay.
Stopping the water stops the decay period.  This is easier said than
done though.  What part of the building is decaying?  Saturated wood
also will not decay (piles under water).
norm
--
Norman Brudigam C.E.

Bay Engineers Inc.     Specializing in the Evaluation
(510) 284-3300x20     and Repair of Existing Structures
FAX   284-3365
Primary Email: norm(--nospam--at)bayengineers.com
Secondary Email:  nbrudigam(--nospam--at)aol.com