Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
fillet tip[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: fillet tip
- From: BVeit(--nospam--at)AOL.COM
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:36:29 -0400 (EDT)
A tip on specifying fillet welds, for what it's worth: SInce a 1/2" fillet uses 4 times as much weld material as a 1/4" fillet, it's usually better to spec. longer, smaller fillet welds where possible. Also, smaller welds require fewer passes and have less susceptibility to errors.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Fiberglass, Structural Shapes, Properties, Costs
- Next by Subject: Re: fillet tip
- Previous by thread: Re: Diagonal Sheathing Shearwalls.
- Next by thread: Re: fillet tip